Monday, July 23, 2012

Last But Not Least!


Hello Stonehenge!

My name is Becca Canote, the third and (for now) final member of the Cinnamon Geek blog-umvirate! (Hopefully none of us will turn to political power grabbing and start a 3-way civil war....but if that happens, blame Nikki.)

Roman political digressions aside, its time to introduce myself!

If you didn’t guess it already, I love Roman history. Love it like a fish loves water, like a dog loves tennis balls, like a dragon loves hoarding dwarf gold away in its mountain lair. They were a deeply flawed and massively decadent civilization that I can't get enough of studying.

I also read A LOT. As in, when I’m not blogging for Cinnamon Geek or making a complete fool of myself, you’ll most likely find me with my nose stuck in a book doing my best Hermione Granger impression. From genre fiction to plays to non-fiction to Star Wars novelizations, I read it all. Expect more than a few entries from me on what I’ve been reading, and friend me on GoodReads!

Never fear, this love of the written word extends into comic books too! Grew up reading Marvel releases almost exclusively, and I will admit to a woefully lacking knowledge of the DC universe beyond Batman and Superman, but I’m working changing that! Titles by DC, Dark Horse, Marvel, etc all line my shelves and I get giddy as a schoolgirl when new issues are released.

Book history and hand printing have also found a home in my heart, and the Bay Area is full of small artisan printers who still do the whole shebang by hand. Thanks to some luck and happenstance, I’ve made a few connections with them and am going to be learning the art of letterpress printing this Fall. DEFINITELY expect a few entries on my experiences as a newbie pressman and many sad faces when I pie my first block of type.

Moving pictures are my anti-drug. Silver screen, the TV screen, the computer screen, it doesn’t matter. I'm currently catching up on Fringe and the 4th season of Breaking Bad, since I need to catch up on a few things before the laundry list of shows I watch return in the Fall.

On the other side of things, I’m hoping to make a career out of producing and currently work for a web series called ‘Sword & Laser.' My many (mis)adventures in this realm will hopefully find a home here, The series is a 'sci-fi video book club,' our set is a pub on a castle-shaped spaceship, and we have a dragon aka premium blog entry material.

What else can I say...

In all honesty, there’s are 1000 more things I could say here, but I tend to monologue when left to my own devices for too long so I’m ending this here.

While I didn’t mention them here, expect posts from me about sports, video games, and, if I can wrangle Will and Nikki into playing, tabletop games too! Munchkin is a friendship litmus test in my opinion. 

Until next time, this is Becca, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment