Friday, August 17, 2012

Nikki Loves Answering Questions!

Oh you want me to answer some questions too? OK!!

Name: Nikki

Nikki/Belle
Geek Nickname: Link - it's derived from my last name and of course, is from the Legend of Zelda, one of the best video games of all time.

Fictional Character You Identify Most With: I would say Johanna Mason but my friends said River Tam. I still haven't decided if I'm honored or insulted. *edit* Actually, now that I've been listening to the Broadway Pandora station for a solid 3 months, I'm going to go with Eponine.

Favorite Comic Book Hero: Tie between Batman and Iron Man. I have a thing for billionaire, philanthropist, genius, masked men. If such a person is reading this... call me.

Favorite Comic Book Villain: Harley Quinn

Favorite Comic Team: X-Men - those guys are crazy. I really did not realize they went into space THAT much until I re-watched the animated series a few months ago.

DC or Marvel: Marvel

Favorite Geeky Website: The Mary Sue

What sites do you check every day? Facebook, The Mary Sue, Pinterest, Blogger, Goodreads, IGN, G4, 1Up Network

Favorite Gaming System:  Playstation 3

What Gaming System(s) Do You Own? PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS Vita, Nintendo DS - gotta have all your bases covered. I also pre-ordered an Ouya.

Favorite Video Game(s): God of War series, Ratchet & Clank series, Halo series, Smash Brothers Melee, Rock Band series

Most Anticipated Game(s): Assassins Creed 3/Liberation (looking forward to the Vita crossover), Deadpool, God of War: Ascension

Favorite Movie(s): The Dark Knight, Vertigo, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Fight Club, Ratatouille, and Beauty and the Beast (I contained it to one Batman, one Hitchcock, one Audrey, one Pixar and one Disney but really I could go on for a while)

Favorite Movie Trilogy: Back to the Future, Dark Knight Trilogy, Star Wars (both, don't judge), Terminator

Most Anticipated Movies: Iron Man 3, Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Favorite Current TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Top Chef, American Ninja Warrior, L.A. Complex

Favorite Off the Air TV Shows: Veronica Mars, House, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, X-Men (actually most cartoons I liked as a kid), Better Off Ted

Do you have any collections? I love collecting (and drinking) wine - I'm certain this will be a re-occuring theme in this blog. I have a collection of posters from a famous theater in San Francisco. Since I only have so much wall space this is a quality over quantity collection but I'm very vigilant about getting the posters for my favorite movies when they become available. I also try to collect every (excluding straight to DVD) Disney and Pixar movie.

Your Best Costume/Cosplay: I have a really great Lara Croft outfit. I just got all the pieces together for a Halloween costume I've been wanting to do for a few years (which I'm sure will make it's way onto this site). I also just love accesories: Batman mask, pirate accessories - you need to be covered for any theme party or movie premiere!

Favorite Literary Genre: Mystery/Suspense for fiction, Behavioral Economics for non-fiction, Dystopian Future Societies for geeky categories

Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book: A Wrinkle in Time, Catching Fire, Hitchhiker's Guide, A Ring of Endless Light

Favorite Sci-Fi/ Fantasy Protagonist: Peeta Mellark (Hunger Games), Ford Prefect (Hitcher's), V (V for Vendetta)

Favorite Sci-Fi/ Fantasy Antagonist: The Red Queen (Through the Looking Glass)

Alcoholic Drink of Choice: Wine - specifically, Cabernet, Sirah, and Malbec.

Favorite Trope: Hilarity Ensues or Mary Sue (if you don't know what a trope is, click here. I apologize in advance for the many hours you are about to waste) although Becca insists it should be Manic Pixie Dreamgirl.... which, after reading the description, is probably spot on.

What do you do in your free time? Everything (quite literally)! My hobbies include rock climbing, hiking, exploring, painting, arts & crafts, reading, movie watching, cooking, and generally exploring/going on adventures.

What do you Geek out over? I love wine and try my hand at pairing all the time. I just love to absorb information and can get lost on wikipedia/tropes etc. forever. When I read a geeky article I always click through to the source. When I watch or re-watch a television series, I spend a lot of time online getting more information. This is even more so for something that has a large universe outside of what is on the show/movie (e.g. comic books based media).

No comments:

Post a Comment