Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Extraordinary Bio of an Ordinary Becca

Hello Cinnamon Geekers!

The trio behind the blog decided to make a CG edition of '20 Questions' to let all y'all know a little but more about us.

I'm posting tonight, and look for Nikki and Will's entries over the next few days! Regular posts will be going up too!

27 Questions, CG edition: 
Becca and Nikki heading to 1955

Name: Becca

Geek Nickname: In middle school, I tried, with little success, to go by 'Jean.' While its my actual middle name, I was definitely over identifying with Jean Grey at the time and tried to push it for that reason.

Fictional Character You Identify Most With: Robin Scherbatsky, due to both personal identification with several of her arcs and the regular comment of "OMG, you're Robin!" from more friends than I can count.

Favorite Comic Book Hero: Kitty Pryde!

Favorite Comic Book Villain: Magneto, he was the villain of my childhood geek education and will always be my favorite.

Favorite Comic Team: Any incarnation of the X-Men, the Runaways, and the Scoobie Gang (BTVS is a comic now, it counts).

DC or Marvel: Marvel all the way. I was raised on a steady diet of X-Men: The Animated Series and X-Men comics.

Favorite Geeky Website: BoingBoing.

What sites do you check every day? BoingBoing, Tor.com, GoodReads, TWIT, Io9, BuzzFeed, The Mary Sue, etc. Have to stop this now or I'll list 800 sites...

Favorite Gaming System: N64. 

What Gaming System(s) Do You Own? I have an NES, Super NES, N64, PS2, X-Box 360, Wii, Gameboy DS, my iPhone and, when I'm home in San Diego, a PS3.

Favorite Video Game(s): Goldeneye 64 and the Mass Effect trilogy.

Most Anticipated Game(s): Tie right now between Assassin's Creed 3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list, but my Top 5, in no particular order, are Moonstruck, Serenity, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Professional, and Disney's Beauty & the Beast.

Favorite Movie Trilogy: Indiana Jones!

Most Anticipated Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy!! I honestly screamed when it was announced at the Marvel panel at SDCC, screamed and did a little happy dance.

Favorite Current TV Shows:  How I Met Your Mother, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Suits, Once Upon A Time, Homeland, and Chopped.

Favorite Off the Air TV Shows:  The X-Files, Seinfeld, Dead Like Me, Firefly, Eureka, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, and Six Feet Under.

Do you have any collections?   Yup! Mostly Lord of the Rings action figures, but also a growing collection of Star Wars model kits and comics.

Your Best Costume/Cosplay: Felicia Day, because apparently a 5'8" brunette in a Captain Hammer shirt = Felicia Day. Oh what a baffling case of mistaken identity that day was...

Favorite Literary Genre: I can't answer this, I was an English major!! But if you insist that I choose, I'd go with fantasy of any kind- high, modern, etc etc.

(As the resident lit nerd, I'm answering for both genres in the next three questions!)

Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book: Asimov's Foundation #1 / Neil Gaiman's American Gods

Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Protagonist: Arthur Dent (The Hitchhiker's Guide) / Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) 

Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Villain: O'Brien (Orwell's 1984) / Lord Asriel (Pullman's His Dark Materials)

Alcoholic Drink of Choice:  Whiskey.

Favorite Trope: Died in Your Arms Tonight and Nobody Poops

What do you do in your free time?   Read. I'm always at least partway through 2-3 books, be it for pleasure or for work, so most of my free time is spent reading. Other than that, I enjoy working out, hiking in the Tilden Regional Park, and cooking.

What do you Geek out over?   What don't I geek out over might be a better question. I'm a 'jack of all trades' when it comes to geekdom, there's little that doesn't make me incredibly excited, but by-and-large anything related to comic book movies and/or film adaptations of sci-fi/fantasy books is going to have me dancing in the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment